Features, Services & Facilities
- Separate Cattle and Sheep selling pavilions.
- Capacity to hold 26,000 sheep and 3,900 cattle undercover.
- Furnished Amenities – 10 Agent Offices, Buyers Lounge and Canteen facilities
- 5 Bay Avdata Truck Wash
- Located in the heart of the CT region, on the Mid Western Highway
- There are approximately 9 acres under roof.
- The sheep pavilion roof is 224m long and 82m wide, and the cattle pavilion 144m long and 109m wide.
roofs are clad with site manufactured Aramax sheet which was developed
in Carcoar, and is manufactured by Brice Engineers.
cattle pavilion roof sheets are believed to be the longest single
length sheets manufactured and erected anywhere in the world.
- The 15,600 square metre cattle pavilion roof was manufactured and erected in ten days
- The cattle yards are mechanized and automated to a level never before seen in Australian saleyards.
- Soft floors for all areas under cover provide the ultimate in animal comfort.
Receiving & delivery pens, 216 Selling pens – with a capacity of
4,000 head of prime cattle, and 36 Small lot or bull pens
- 2 Automatic scan weigh 9 way draft stations with crush, 1 crush and 3 way draft, 2 Five way pound drafts
pneumatic 5 way pound drafts, 2 automatic 9 way drafts with pneumatic
crush with chin lifter for checking dentition, a manual crush with chin
lifter and 3 way pneumatic draft.
- 5 fixed two level
heavy ramps for two deck trucks and 4 loading dock direct discharge
points for receiving and delivering stock.
- Selling pens have a capacity of 24,000 lambs, and has the capacity to handle 40,000 sheep on a single day.
- 24 Receiving pens, 448 Selling pens,32 Delivery pens and 34 Holding pens
- 4 adjustable vee races with 4 way drafts – for efficient pre sale drafting
- 5 In lane 2 way drafts for small lots
- 2 Drenching races
- 8 Heavy electrically adjustable ramps, 3 Light manually adjustable ramps
straight flow through design to facilitate receival and delivery
efficiency, and easier livestock transport access.
- Pen gates include dividing gates that can be opened, providing access for Bobcat cleaning
buildings include offices for stock and station agents, a transport
company, a first aid room and a buyer’s lounge for business and comfort.
- 100 seat restaurant with conference room.
- Buildings are styled on the traditional Australian homestead with wide perimeter verandahs.
dining room has panoramic views over the sheep pavilion on one side and
southwest over the rolling Carcoar countryside.
- A maintenance workshop/garage is situated adjacent to the truck parking area.
driver amenities with 2 ensuites with shower, toilets and hand basins
plus a laundry with washing machine and dryer.
Avdata key operated 5 Bay Truck Wash, with water supplied by on site
dams which capture runoff from the roofs and paved areas.
Apex Web & Graphic Design